Tuesday, February 1, 2011

85. RIP ATDHE


I don't know how many of you have ever visited atdhe.net. I know Taylor has frequented it often. It was basically a site that streamed footage of different sporting events... for free. It was a savior when games/matches/tournies were not being broadcast on tv (or you didn't have a tv) and the other websites that were streaming them required you to subscribe to their service in order to watch (like espn).

The key word in those sentences is "WAS".

The Department of Homeland Security has recently seized the website and shut it down. All you see when you visit the address now is this nice little image:


So, to the former atdhe, we say a very dreadful and teary-eyed KBYE.

4 comments:

  1. I hate to see it go... luckily there are streaming sites up the WAZZ these days. Kbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good bye my dear friend Atdhe. Him and i have shared many giants games during my time at state college and i will truly miss him next giants season

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was honestly the worst day of my life. There will be a candlelight vigil held for ATDHE DOTNET at the White House at 8 pm tonight if anyone's interested. I'm driving down in a few hours. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see you there. Obama is at Penn State today so i will catch a ride back with him. I heard he is cutting his visit short so he can make it back for the vigil

    ReplyDelete