Monday, February 14, 2011
100. Long Overdue
This very moment marks the 100th post to this, what I like to call, master collection of the digitally expressive arts...... or a blog if you want to be a dick about it.
To be brutally honest, when this blog first came around I definitely doubted its potential. It just didn't seem like it was star material and from the sheer look of it, I figured that it would never amount to anything. But this blog had something that couldn't be seen at a first glance... heart. It put in more hours on and off the screen than blogs with DOUBLE the natural talent. The blog was here early every morning, and stayed late every night, and not once have I ever heard it complain. Because of its hard work and dedication to its craft, it's become one of the best active blogs out there today and, if it continues on this path, could very well go down in the blog hall of fame.
Tonight, on reaching the accomplishment of 100 posts, I'd like to present the blog, Couldn't catch me NOT blogging... in this economy, with this Award for Excellence in the category of being the Shit.
Unfortunately, the blog couldn't be here tonight to accept the award because it is off doing research for its next post... but it did have this prepared statement:
"You don't know how much it means to me to be receiving this award. For me it represents a justification that all the work I put in was worth it and gives me reason to continue into the future. Of course I have to thank those people who read me regularly, those that tell me to put up another god damn post when I haven't done so in a while, and those that started me on this journey in the first place... you all know who you are. I'd like to thank the typewriter for being a true inspiration to me and really paving the way for all typed language to follow. Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to talk about the starving children in--"
Looks like the blog has some sort of preachy political activist statement at the end there, sooo we'll just skip that part.
I've come to realize that the only way to truly celebrate anything in life is bye doing...
SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTSSHOTSSHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!!
So at this moment I'd like to ask you, the reader, to drop everything you're doing... no matter what you might be in the middle of or what time of day it is... and do a shot with me in honor of this blog.
Here's to the next 100 posts. CHEERS!
Thanks everyone for coming out. Make sure to tip your waiters and please drive home safe. Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12:37 - Shot completed. Witnessed by the strom. Time for bed.
ReplyDelete9:08 am... in the law school library. Shot not completed due to lack of alcohol. Expect shot to be done by 7 pm.
ReplyDeletehaha I actually told tom last night that I hoped you read this post in the middle of one of your classes and just happened to have a flask on hand... because, naturally, all law students come equipped with a flask at all times... and whipped it out and ripped a shot in the middle of class.
ReplyDelete"and a special thanks to ahnutty.blogspot.com for inspiring me to not suck."
ReplyDeleteahnutty.blogspot.com def deserves a special shout out. It is the perfect example of what not to do if you want to have a successful blog.
ReplyDelete