Kinda got outa the whole blogging thing for a while. What can I say... guess I've just been THAT busy (cough cough). OK... I've been slacking. Gimme a damn break... jeez.
These past two weeks have been a little bit... ummm... hectic.
Where oh where shall I begin...
Monday 8/1:
Got a speeding ticket on my way to work. Been speeding the entire time I've been in La... well actually... I've pretty much been speeding since I got my drivers license. But it finally caught up to me. Four lane road (2 lanes each direction), speed limit SHOULD be 45 (in my humble and completely honest opinion), but oh its 35.... and I was doing 52... kbye.
Thursday 8/4:
Driving to work once again. Due to traffic, I take the local roads half the way to work and then I jump on the highway for the second half. But shortly after I get on the highway, traffic always seems to slow down to a snail's pace. So... I usually (aka every single morning) jump in the carpool lane (illegally *cough cough) and cruise past all the traffic. Wellll... on this particular morning... as i'm driving illegally in the carpool lane... I happen to look in my review mirror and see what appears to be a motorcycle cop in the distance behind me. I'm like RUH ROH, I SHOULD PROBZ GET MY ASS OUTA THIS LANE IMMEDES. I look to try and get out of the carpool lane... but just my luck... before I can get out, the dotted white line changes to a double yellow line. Meanwhile, what I thought MIGHT be a motorcycle cop, turns out to be exactly that and catches up to me. And now I'm like OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. Obviously I'm not about to cross the double yellow line to get out of the carpool lane DIRECTLY in front of a cop. So now I'm driving down the carpool lane SHITTING my pants, praying to god that he doesn't pull me over and give me my second ticket in three days. Did I mention that the fine for violating the carpool lane rule is $341? Yea... there's a sign that mentions it about every 100 ft. And now I'm thinking FUCK ME SIDEWAYS, FRONTWAYS, UPSIDE DOWN AND OVER BACKWARDS... HERE COMES MY SECOND TICKET. But somehow... by some MIRACLE of God... he doesn't pull me over, and right as the double yellow line FINALLY changes back to a dotted white line, I switch over 3 lanes in about half a second, and the cop flies by. Almost had a heart attack... but crises diverted.
Friday 8/5:
My grandma has had Alzheimer's and has been slowly declining over the past year or so. I saw her in February and she wasn't looking so hot. I get an email from my dad after work on Friday that basically said she had stopped eating and drinking, she would no longer wake up, and the outlook was looking grim. Even though I knew when I had last seen her that, realistically, it couldn't be too much longer til this happened, it still wasn't quite prepared to read this email.
Saturday 8/6
I get a call from my mom telling me that she had received a letter from the city of Los Angeles... I had received a ticket for going through a red light. Like REALLY? The ticket had my picture on it and everything...
I still don't believe it was me. It doesn't even look like me.... except for the face, and the hair, and the glasses, and I think I might have that exact same shirt. Also, that person is definitely eating McDonalds and anyone who knows me knows that I NEVER eat McDonalds... except for on Tuesdays and Saturdays... and Thursdays....... and occasionally on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. So clearly it couldn't have been me. The fine you ask? Oh only a mere $480. You gotta be kidding me...
Sunday 8/7:
I do some research and find out that Los Angeles had recently ended their Red Light Camera Ticket program. You may still receive a ticket in the mail but you no longer have to pay the fine. Praise God, Allah, Moses, Jesus, Buddha, Mr. Rodgers, and everyone else people pray to.
Later that day I get a call from my dad that my grandmother had passed away.
That night I book a round trip ticket from LA to Florida leaving Monday night and returning the following Saturday.
Monday 8/8
I leave work and head to meet my roomate so he can drive me to the Airport. On my way, a guy changes lanes in front of me, so I decide to switch into the lane he just came from. I accidentally swipe the back left corner of his car with the right side of my car.
What scratches?
I've never gotten in an accident or ever hit anyone else's car with my own. So of course I do it this week, after already getting one ticket (almost 3), when on my way to the airport for my grandmothers funeral... couldn't have been better timing. We exchange information and I continue on my way.
Monday Night/Tuesday 8/9:
I take a 10:20pm flight out of LAX and arrive in Las Vegas around 11:30pm Pacific Time. Leave Vegas around 1am Pacific Time and arrive in Charlotte, NC around 8am Eastern Time. Leave Charlotte around 9:30am Eastern and after 12+ hrs of traveling (after leaving work) and about 3.5 hrs of sleep later I finally arrive in West Palm Beach, FL at 11am.
Met up with the fam. Good to see everyone after being in LA for the past couple months.
Passed out around 10:30pm and slept for a solid 12 hours.
Wednesday 8/10
Funeral Day. Pretty much sucked. Most badass funeral procession ever though. My grandfather has done a buttload of fundraising for his local fire department over the past several years (somewhere between $35,000 & $50,000 worth of equipment etc.). Anyway, the fire department was out in full force at the funeral. After the funeral they led the funeral procession with their two huge fire trucks, flashing lights ablaze.
Funny sign I saw at the cemetery:
After the funeral we all went back to my grandfather's condo where there was an absolute plethora of food to feast on. Actually, that seemed to be the theme of the entire week. Bagels, veggie platters, lox and cream cheese platters, egg salad, chicken salad, potato salad, pasta salad, cucumber salad, cold cut platters, roast chicken, chicken marsala, pot roast, herring, cookies and cake platters galore... it goes on and on. Couldn't have eaten all that food if I was there for another week.
Saturday 8/13:
Left West Palm at 12pm. Landed in Charlotte at 1:30pm. Left Charlotte at 4:30pm. Plane was jam packed... except for my row. Don't know how it happened but I got a 3 seat row all to myself. The woman in the row behind me was definitely eying my seats but oh as soon as we took off I laid down across all 3 seats so as no one could steal them away MUAHAHA. Couldn't catch me sharing my bounty of seats. Got back to LA around 6:40pm Pacific Time.
Not the best two weeks I've ever had. Glad they're over.




No comments:
Post a Comment